Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Lights

Time for 'True Confessions'...

I left my Christmas lights up all year long in 2008.

I left them up because at first I didn't have a ladder.

You see, I felt the brave new homeowner last fall and put up the lights exclusively from the rooftop. Then I realized that my roof is pitched a little more in one section than I should really be working on - but I realized this as I stretched to my full length with one foot over the peak to hold on and my cold hands fumbling to attach lights to the gutters.

I stayed away from the roof for a while after that.

Then I bought myself a ladder... in July.

So when your Christmas lights have already been up for the better part of 7 months, it really seems a shame to not simply leave them up. I mean, we've endured the self-loathing (and by 'we' I mean 'me') this long - might as well save the trouble in the dark and cold days next fall!

And I did!

And for a moment it was grand!

I simply plugged in the lights once more, ran the extension cord, and viola! My house was decorated for the holiday season! It was a proud moment for home-maintenance slackers everywhere...

But the next night a few lights went out.

And the next night a few more sections.

By the time I got home from a meeting mid-week I had exactly 50 lights functional out of my initial 1500 or so. Grrr.

So, I tried the magic light repair 'clicker-gun'.



And I read the directions for the magic light repair 'clicker-gun'.



[sigh]


Hey, did I mention we've got our tree up?

...

No comments:


The White Pigeon Hope - Seeking to "Normalize" the work of the Holy Spirit since 2008.