Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Have YOU been a Dad today?

There's this series of advertisements that have have been popping up on a few other blogs that I look in on (no ads here, you'll note - I'm totally not worth their time)

"Have YOU been a Dad today?"

How do they know that I'm a Dad?
What if I wasn't a Dad?
Does my answer affect my final grade?

the confusion, the worry, the applicability

Things have been going pretty well in the Dad department here, and it makes me hope that such things continue. However, being able to take some days off while Ellie comes into her own here has helped the process considerably.
I went back for a half day's work today and of course I had pictures and stories and plenty of people who were interested in hearing and looking. It was easy being a Dad... even at work.

But it got me thinking about Biblical parenting, etc.

The first thought was the fourth commandment (or fifth, depending on your numeration):
Honor Your Father and Mother...
Then I thought of Abraham and Issac on the mountain:

"Father? The fire and wood are here," Isaac said, "but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?"
Abraham answered, "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son."

The thing about that we forget about parenting is that its not for us, its not for the kids, its for God!

Certainly it matters how the kids turn out, and we get benefits and joys from parenting, but the final goal in all these things is to give glory to our creator...

...I'm gonna keep working on that, 'cause there's always room for improvement!

...

No comments:


The White Pigeon Hope - Seeking to "Normalize" the work of the Holy Spirit since 2008.